Yesterday my daughter came home from summer camp with a big note that said:
——- —— Elementary School is a NUT FREE ZONE due to a DEATHLY peanut allergy!
I don’t know why, but this pisses me off beyond belief. Here are some reasons I can come up with:
- The parent did not notify the camp ahead of camp starting, apparently MOST of the kids AND a counselor brought a PB&J sandwich yesterday.
- NOBODY DIED!
- The parent is probably one of those extremely fucking annoying helicopter parents that wiped their kid’s ass until they were 10 years old and says that their mild hive-causing peanut allergy will KILL them just to make sure that everyone on this school’s property is alert, aware, and inconvenienced. Just speculation here.
- Why the fuck can’t this kid eat lunch in a room AWAY from peanuts?
- Or, why can’t the kids that brought peanut products eat lunch in a room AWAY from the child that is “deathly allergic” to peanuts?
- Your kid’s allergy is not my fucking problem!
- What the fuck am I gonna feed my kid that ONLY EATS PB&J SANDWICHES FOR LUNCH AT SCHOOL AND CAMP?!
- Where the fuck is my $20 allowance to go buy her different types of lunch meat and lunchables and other super expensive lunch foods that don’t require heating and I don’t ever keep in my kitchen?
It’s not that I’m completely insensitive, self-centered and straight up rude.
Well… it’s mostly that.
But it’s also the plain and simple fact that this person’s kid has an allergy that obviously requires meticulous maintenance and diligence and this person needs to stop expecting the whole fucking world to ACCOMMODATE this child! It is not fucking Autism or Downs Syndrome, it’s a food allergy for shit sake! It affects ONE part of the day! For 30 fucking minutes! But to make this stupid ass parent happy, 40 other sets of parents have to go out of their way instead.
Stupid fucking food allergies.